It is quite common to see water lines freezing during the winter. But the problem arises when ignored completely ultimately leading to hefty costs and in some cases an explosion. When it comes to the explosion, it is the ice expanding over time. In order to avoid this problem from occurring, you should consider these tips.
- Consider Insulation – With the help of a foam insulating sleeves or newspaper, insulation of the attic, garage, and crawlspaces is a great start of avoiding this problem. However, you should consider doing the insulation before winter arrives as a head start.
- Consider Closing the Garage Door – Not necessary, however, important if you own a garage especially if there are water lines close by. Closing the door ensures no cold wind and air enters.
- Consider Keeping the Cabinet Door Open – You should consider keeping the cabinet door open ensuring the water from the faucet is dipping. It allows better air circulation where warm air from the inside does not cause any freezing.
- Consider Keeping the Thermostat Temperature Above 55 Degree Celsius –This is important during the event of traveling away from home for a few days to weeks. Moreover, it is important to keep the water supply running just a bit to avoid any form of damage.
- Consider Professional Help – Frozen pipes and other plumbing-related problems should be handled only by a professional. Residents requiring help related to bathrooms in Coffs Harbour area are known to call a professional plumber.