Want to learn how to make your own steel sections for home construction? Well, you've come to the right place! This article will teach you what you need to know about steel, but also provides you with a step-by-step process on how to make your own metal sheets.
How to make your own steel section
If you’re like most people, you probably don’t have a lot of experience with metalworking. But that doesn’t have to be the case. With a little bit of know-how and a few simple tools, you can start fabricating your own Steel Sections for home construction.
Image Source: Google
Here’s how to do it:
1. Gather your materials. You'll need a piece of steel about 2 feet long, a hacksaw, an angle grinder or metal cutting blade, a drill, and some wire cutters.
2. Cut the steel section into strips about 1 foot wide by 4 inches long.
3. Use the angle grinder or metal cutting blade to smooth the edges of the strips. This will prevent them from getting chipped when you weld them together.
4. Drill holes in each strip at evenly spaced intervals. The holes should be about 1 inch deep and 3 inches wide.
5. Thread one end of the wire cutters through the holes in one strip and the other end through the holes in another strip, so that they form a loop. Twist the loop until it's tight—you now have a steel section